OIV: current state of the global wine industry – October 2018 October 26,
2018 World wine production excluding juice and musts – which should reach 282 mhl – saw a significant rise of 31 mhl compared with the very low production of the preceding year, according to the OIV’s early estimates.
With 282 million hectolitres (mhl), 2018 vitivinicultural production is one of the highest since 2000.
Further details: OIV Press Release October 2018
- In Europe: Italy (48.5 mhl), France (46.4 mhl) and Spain (40.9 mhl) recorded very high production levels. Germany (9.8 mhl), Romania (5.2 mhl), Hungary (3.4 mhl) and Austria (3.0 mhl) have also forecasted harvests above their 5-year averages. Portugal (5.3 mhl) and Greece (2.2 mhl) were the only countries to see a decrease in production compared with 2017.
- Production levels in the United States (23.9 mhl) have remained stable for 3 years.
- In South Africa, drought significantly impacted 2018 production (9.5 mhl).
- South American production levels were very high. In Argentina (14.5 mhl) vinified production increased by 23% compared with the previous year, and in Chile (12.9 mhl) it grew by 36%. Brazil (3.0 mhl) reached a high level, even if its production fell compared with the very strong 2017 production.
- Australian wine production (12.5 mhl) declined compared with that of the previous year and New Zealand production (3.0 mhl) remained at a very high level.
Source: APEV Romania
APEV has a new Board and ambitious plans for future October 27,
On March 12, 2918, the General Assembly of APEV members took place and a new Board was elected. Its members are the following:
- Mihai Chitic, President
- Victor Ciuperca, Vice-President and
- Gabriel Roceanu, Vice-President
The Agenda included:
The new Board is determined to bring a new breath to the Association's activity and calls for more involvement from its 20 members. They will soon be consulted with a view to setting targets for the 2018-2020 period and to finalizing the strategy and operational plans at a new meeting, scheduled for June 11, 2018.
- Activity Report and the Budget for period 2016-2017
- Plan of actions and the draft Budget for 2018
- Election of the new Board
Source: APEV Romania